The top-selling albums of the decade (2000-09) across all genres, ranked by sales data as compiled by Nielsen SoundScan.
The top album of the decade has been announced by Billboard magazine, and it turns out the title belongs to ‘N Sync for their fourth release, ‘No Strings Attached.’
For all the ‘Best Albums of the Decade’ lists popping up on the web the past few weeks, it’s important to remember that critical darlings are often a far cry from mainstream commercial hits. Admitting this may soften the blow upon learning that a curly haired Justin Timberlake and his boy band brethren produced the best selling album of the past 10 years.
While the nation’s current tween population pines for pasty vampires and skinny-jeaned family bands, the days when ‘N Sync reigned supreme seem like a distant memory. But back in March of 2000, the pop sensations shattered records by selling 2.4 million copies of their album in a single week, a number that would be unheard of today.
Carried by three US Top 5 singles (‘Bye Bye Bye,’ ‘It’s Gonna Be Me’ and ‘This I Promise You,’ remember those?), the album was a bona fide phenomenon, topping the Billboard 200 chart for eighth straight weeks. In 2001, it was certified 11-times platinum by the RIAA. Whether you love them or hate them, there’s no denying that ‘No Strings Attached’ truly dominated the decade.
1. The Beatles, 1,11,499,000 units sold
2. ‘NSYNC, No Strings Attached, 11,112,000 units sold
3. Norah Jones, Come Away With Me, 10, 546,000 units sold
4. Eminem, The Marshall Mathers LP, 10,204,000 units sold
5. Eminem, The Eminem Show, 9,799,000 units sold
6. Usher, Confessions, 9,712,000 units sold
7. Linkin Park, Hybrid Theory, 9,663,000 units sold
8. Creed, Human Clay, 9,491,000 units sold
9. Britney Spears, Oops! … I Did It Again, 9,185,000 units sold
10. Nelly, Country Grammar, 8,461,000 units sold
Buscamos editores y editoras para la página web; te centrarías en la traducción de artículos y entrevistas en inglés relacionadas con cualquier aspecto de actualidad que gire en torno a Justin Timberlake: música, cine, deportes, moda, eventos, etcétera.
Si quieres formar parte del equipo de publicación de la web, tienes un nivel medio-alto de inglés y suficiente disponibilidad: contacta con nosotros.