Justin Timberlake has crammed an impressive amount into his 12 years in the ‘biz. He found fame as a Mousketeer, lead singer of ‘N Sync and Britney’s other half before promising to «bring sexy back» in his solo career. Music aside, he’s managed to start a charitable foundation, launch his own clothing label, branch out into acting and work on his golf handicap, as well as step out with Hollywood stars such as Cameron Diaz and Jessica Biel. As he piles on the pressure by giving himself just ‘4 Minutes’ to save the world (with a little help from Madonna), we dish up a few tantalising tidbits about the teen idol-turned-superstar.
1. Justin’s parents divorced when he was two and he was brought up by mum Lynn and step-dad Paul. Lynn now runs Just-in Time Entertainment, while his biological father Randy is a choir director at a Baptist church in Memphis.
2. Justin’s mum realised he was destined for the big time when she caught him singing harmonies along to the car radio at the age of two.
3. Justin’s famously curly hair was the bane of his life at middle school. He recalls: «That was the thing everybody teased me about. They called me brillo pad. I was always trying to either straighten the crap out of it or cut it all off. In second grade I took like paper scissors and cut my hair all uneven… That’s the only time I ever really got a spanking.»
4. Justin admits that he became a tad big-headed when he scored a record deal with ‘N Sync at the age of 14. «I thought I was the coolest guy,» he says. «You couldn’t talk to me. Nobody could tell me anything, or I’d be like, ‘Bitch! I have a record contract!'»
5. In 2006, Justin had lessons to deepen his voice after losing out on film roles because he sounded more like a teenager than an «action hero».
6. Justin’s been saddled with a variety of wacky nicknames over the years, including Shot, Curly Spice, Bounce, The Baby, J, and of course, Trousersnake (which he finds «hilarious»).
7. Justin relishes the opportunity to get one up on the classmates who dismissed him as a «weirdo» for his love of singing and dancing. He says: «If I could say one thing to the kids who didn’t think I was cool back then it would be, ‘Eat it’.» Go, JT!
8. What are Justin’s biggest fears? He’s not too keen on sharks, snakes, spiders or dying unloved. He also dreads being knocked unconscious at a concert by the strange items fans throw on stage.
9. Forget all that hot milk and counting sheep malarkey – Justin sings himself to sleep when he’s unable to nod off. Aww!
10. Justin may have claimed to be bringing back «sexy», but what exactly does the word mean to him? He says: «Sexy, to me, is the way you carry what you have. I have a big nose, but I rock it.»
Buscamos editores y editoras para la página web; te centrarías en la traducción de artículos y entrevistas en inglés relacionadas con cualquier aspecto de actualidad que gire en torno a Justin Timberlake: música, cine, deportes, moda, eventos, etcétera.
Si quieres formar parte del equipo de publicación de la web, tienes un nivel medio-alto de inglés y suficiente disponibilidad: contacta con nosotros.